9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Colour is the number one reason consumers choose carpet. When an unknown “menace” causes a stain or discoloration that ruins that “perfect carpet” the consumer ultimately turns to the cleaning professional for help. Whether a discoloration from acne medication, household bleach, insecticide or urine removes color, or a stain from coffee, plant food, mustard, furniture or soft drink adds color to the carpet, trained technicians can become “heroes” after completing this course.
Course syllabus includes:
• Pre-testing and Pre-inspection.
• How to choose the correct dyes to use.
• The F.C.S. are important.
• Dyes and how to treat them.
• Removing the source of the colour loss and reasons for colour
• Preparing the dye site.
• Colours that work.
• Colour History and theory.
• Studying the make up of colours.
• Practical trial with colours.
• Making up dye baths for the dyes.
• Acid and reactive dyes.
• How to get the colours correct.
• Setting /Fixing the dyes.
• Practical hands-on of all different types of colours.
• Practical test
Dye kits will need to be purchased direct from [email protected] at least one week before the training date so they can be dispatched in time. Carpet samples with colour loss will be distributed to trainees to practice on during the course and a test sample returned as part of the exam. More information to follow…
Bookings are closed for this event.