Colour is the number one reason consumers choose carpet. When an unknown “menace” causes a stain or discoloration that ruins that “perfect carpet” the consumer ultimately turns to the cleaning professional for help. Whether a discoloration from acne medication, household bleach, insecticide or urine removes color, or a stain from coffee, plant food, mustard, furniture or soft drink adds color to the carpet, trained technicians can become “heroes” after completing this course.
On completing this one-day colour repair course trainees will have the necessary knowledge and hands on practice to offer colour repair as an additional service, opening up a new income stream and helping to secure cleaning work where solutions to existing carpet issues can now be included in the quote.
Course syllabus includes:
- Pre-testing and Pre-inspection.
• How to choose the correct dyes to use.
• The F.C.S. are important.
• Dyes and how to treat them.
• Removing the source of the colour loss and reasons for colour
• Preparing the dye site.
• Colours that work.
• Colour History and theory.
• Studying the make up of colours.
• Practical trial with colours.
• Making up dye baths for the dyes.
• Acid and reactive dyes.
• How to get the colours correct.
• Setting /Fixing the dyes.
• Practical hands-on of all different types of colours.
• Practical test